Orthodontist in San Diego 92130
Meet Mary Lynn Merz, DDS, Cert. Orth
She is one of the few Orthodontists in San Diego to earn the status of “Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics“. She has gone a step beyond in earning that title, which she will do, as well, in creating your smile.
With over 25 years of experience in orthodontics, Dr. Merz offers a depth of knowledge in all aspects of orthdontics as well as an in-depth understanding of preventive periodontics having practiced periodontal therapy for 10 years.
Dr. Merz earned her doctorate of dental surgery from UOP (University of the Pacific) School of Dentistry, San Francisco graduating at the top of her class and was recognized for her exceptional care working with children.
Upon graduation from UOP, she was awarded one of three orthodontic residency positions at the Medical College of Virginia, completing a two-year Postdoctoral Residency in Orthodontics. Her research is published in the prestigious American Journal of Orthodontics.
Since graduation, Dr. Merz has practiced orthodontics here in San Diego. She has taught orthodontics at UCLA and in China. She is a two term President and Director of the San Diego Women’s Dental Association and has served twice as President and Director of the San Diego Academy of Orthodontists.
From her early years on, Dr. Merz has exhibited a talent in fine art and later in architectural design, which is reflected in her office as well as in her patient’s smiles. She enjoys zumba, rollerblading, golf, and the arts. She grew up in a millitary family (her father being an Anapolis grad) lived in Germany and in the midwest. She has called San Diego her home for the past 25 years. She has fond connections to Carmel Valley and her niece and nephew who graduated from Torrey Pines High School.
Dr. Merz strives to make orthodontics a positive experience for everyone. She thanks you in advance for choosing her office and looks forward to meeting you soon!
Education and Awards
- Diplomate of the American Board
- National Dental Honor Society (TKO)
- Orthodontic Residency – MCV School of Dentistry (Richmond, Virginia)
- D.D.S. – Doctorate of Dental Surgery – UOP
- B.S. – Dental Hygiene – UMKC
- Lazer Certification, University of Arizona
- San Diego County Dental Society (SDCDS), Lifetime Membership Recognition
- Dr. Merz is continually pursuing additional education staying abreast of the latest research and technological advances in orthodontics and periodontics.
- American Board of Orthodontists (ABO)
- American Association of Orthodontists (AAO)
- Pacific Coast Association of Orthodontists (PCSO)
- San Diego Academy of Orthodontists (SDAO), President (2 terms)
- Women’s Dental Association of San Diego County, President (2 terms)
- San Diego County Dental Hygiene Assosciation, Past-President & Director
- San Diego County Dental Society (SDCDS)
- California Dental Association (CDA)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
Like Us : Refer Us