Orthodontist in San Diego 92130
Dr. Mary Lynn Merz, DDS, Board Certified Orthodontist
Dr. Merz loves contributing to her patients health and success in life.
She is one of the few Orthodontists in San Diego to earn the status of “Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics“. Dr. Merz has taken an extra step beyond the specialty requirements to earn that title. She will also take that extra step in creating your winning smile.
Dr. Merz earned her doctorate of dental surgery from UOP (University of the Pacific School of Dentistry, San Francisco) graduating at the top of her class. She was subsequently awarded one of three orthodontic residency positions offered at the Medical College of Virginia.
Since completing her residency, Dr. Merz has practiced orthodontics here in San Diego. She has taught orthodontics at UCLA and in China. Her research is published in the prestigious American Journal of Orthodontics.
With over 25 years of experience in orthodontics, Dr. Merz offers a depth of knowledge in all aspects of orthodontics as well as an in-depth understanding of preventive periodontics having practiced periodontal therapy for several years.
Though she grew up in Germany and in the Midwest, San Diego has been her home for the past 25 years. Her niece and nephew are graduates of Torrey Pines High School.
Dr. Merz has a talent in fine art and architectural design, which is reflected in her office as well as in her patient’s smiles. She enjoys zumba, rollerblading, golf, and the arts.
Dr. Merz strives to make orthodontics a positive experience for everyone. She thanks you in advance for choosing her office and looks forward to meeting you soon!
Education and Awards
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics
- National Dental Honor Society (TKO)
- Orthodontic Residency – MCV School of Dentistry (Richmond, Virginia)
- D.D.S. – Doctorate of Dental Surgery – UOP
- B.S. – Dental Hygiene – UMKC
- Lazer Certification, University of Arizona
- San Diego County Dental Society (SDCDS), Lifetime Membership Recognition
- Dr. Merz is continually pursuing additional education staying abreast of the latest research and technological advances in orthodontics and periodontics.
American Board of Orthodontics (ABO)
American Association of Orthodontists (AAO
- Pacific Coast Association of Orthodontists (PCSO)
- San Diego Academy of Orthodontists (SDAO), President (2 terms)
- Women’s Dental Association of San Diego County, President (2 terms)
- San Diego County Dental Hygiene Assosciation, Past-President & Director
- San Diego County Dental Society (SDCDS)
- California Dental Association (CDA)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
Like Us : Refer Us